Sunday, February 15, 2009

Best of 2007

The other weekly assignment was to visit the best-of-Fischbowl and review one of his blog posts. I chose the April entry-180 Days? He talks about the 180 days in a school year and how that time is or isn't used to give instruction. Some of the students said there isn't enough time to add more curriculum like the material in the video "Shift Happens". So he takes the students opinion into account and asks the question "Do we really not have enough time to do more?". I think some teachers get lazy on some days and just show a movie or something that don't lead to good instruction like he said. In this case, the class would have gotten behind in the curriculum. I think the students and the teachers for that matter need a break every once in a while. I don't think it's necessary to add more instruction and put that much stress and headache on the students. 180 days is more than enough time in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment